Paper Towers is an excellent class project that will help build teamwork, critical thinking, and problem solving. This project is suitable for a variety of ages from elementary to adult.
Goal: To build the tallest freestanding tower possible from a single sheet of construction paper.
Materials (per team):
- 1 piece 8.5 x 11 construction paper
- 1 piece of clear tape 12″ long
1. Each tower must be constructed from the paper and tape supplied by the Host Center. No materials or substitutions are allowed.
2. Teams have 45 minutes to construct their towers.
3. Towers cannot be attached to any surface or structure.
4. Towers must stand for 5 seconds upon arrival of a judge.
5. Towers will be measured from the floor vertically to the highest point. Towers that curve or sag may not be straightened and then measured; they will be measured to the highest vertical point while sagging or curving.