Greetings and welcome! This blog is to share my experience and knowledge of technology relating to education.
Becoming a teacher was genetic for me. My mother was a celebrated career elementary school teacher. I inherited the technology part from my father who was an accomplished systems analyst and patent holder. He was one of the few people who knew how to fix the “Y2K” bug efficiently.
A very curious fact is that when you do a Google search for Paul Haberstroh, three of the top search results are all teachers! A statistical improbability considering that it is a relatively uncommon name, and there is no family relationship that I am aware of.
I am the Paul Haberstroh who is the Founder of Clearwater’s Fabrication Lab at Saint Paul’s School.
In my career I have been very fortunate to have acquired an extensive technology background that I am able to bring to the education table. In addition to working as a teacher, my experiences in the technology business world include: a Dot Com start up, a large Telecom, and an IT consultancy. I also owned a photography and web consulting business for many years.
The school is extremely supportive of technology and has made significant investments in infrastructure, making it a role model for the 21st Century Classroom. The Middle School Building is a model of what a learning space should look like. In addition to the Fab Lab, a dedicated Robotics Lab sets this school on the leading edge. www.clearwatersindependentschool.org
Having this level of technology at a private Infant through 8th school provides me the opportunity to report on the subject from a hands on perspective. This allows me to help you make good technology investment decisions for your schools. I have been fortunate to be invited to speak at Ed Tech Conferences, and have been interviewed by Tech and Learning Magazine.
Thanks again for visiting and please contact me with any questions or discussions!
- Integrating Khan Academy into Curriculum
- Sources of High Quality Free Images
- Global Voices of the Next Generation on Water
- Global Children’s Designathon
- Digital Citizenship Curriculum
- Adding VEX IQ to your Robotics Curriculum
- From empty room to Fab Lab, a makerspace’s journey
- Teaching Fusion 360 in Middle School
- 3D print the missing piece
- Starting Robotics Early
- ROV Underwater Robots
- Inexpensive Makerspace Projects
- Your Name as a Domain Name
- The Hour of Code
- Developing a Makerspace
- Lego Robotics
- The 21st Century Classroom
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Paper Towers
- STEM to STEAM
- Field Trip to England
- Troubleshooting Hardware
- IVLP Visits My Classroom
- New Smart WiFi System for our School
- 3D Printing in the Classroom
- Academic discounts on software
- Avoiding Obsolescence in the Classroom
- Creativity and Intelligence
- New 3D Printer for Private Elementary School
- Google Glass Demo